Header Ads

Home Sick

When people talk about Home,
They talk about the place which they are
Currently living at or the flat that they are renting,

When I talk about Home
I am refering to something completely different
To a four walled room or someone's backyard,
I am Home Sick

I miss the days when we would play
Soccer on the giant heap of mine sand
For five bob,
I miss the days when we would climb
The trees for marula,
I miss the days when walking barefoot
Was nothing to be ashamed of,
I am Home Sick


I remember how we would take
Walks on the rocky mountain,
Looking for mabilo le dikgokgoma,
I remember how we would stand
On top of the mountain and look down
And from a distance I would see my mother with one arm on her back
And gently swipping the yard,
I am Home Sick

I get my soccer skills from playing skop die bal,
And my ability to juggle is all
From sitting in the yard all day
With my cousins playing diketo,
It feels like yesterday when
I arrived home just before dark
Looking like I was rolling in a pile of ash,
My mother decided to give me a bath
Which was followed by a sore wet face cloth
Wrapping itself around my tiny body,
Or when I witnessed a fire extinguisher explode into my cousin's face,
Good or bad,it was home non the less,

But like they say,
You can't dwell on the past,
You can't remain a twelve year old forever,only at heart,
Because there are new homes to build,
Places to see and wonderful people to love,
Appreciate what you have now
For its too late to appreciate it
When its gone,
Home is with whom your heart and your thoughts lie,
I'm Home Sick
Home Sick Home Sick Reviewed by K Machacha on June 03, 2013 Rating: 5

No comments

Recent Posts

Travel everywhere!