Header Ads

LETTER TO MY DAUGHTER

My beloved child,
I know it is too soon to be
Writing you this letter
For I don't even know your name
Nor have I held you in my arms,
But it is I, your father;

It won't be now that you will
Be able to read this letter with your heart
But by the time you do
You and I would have fought a dozen times,
But I want you to know that I am your father
And I love you;

I want to tell you about the two young men 
That you will meet in your life,
One of them will display all the qualities of
The prince that you dream of as I write this letter,
Just like a butterfly,
He will shower you with praises and perfumes,
Take you to places you've never been before,
It will all seem so right, just for a little while;

The other boy's words will sound the loudest
Yet his lips will barely move,
He will not posses great fortune
But the only place he will take you is where 
You need to be for you to be happy,
His mind and his presence will be enough 
To make you want to stay forever;

All I ask of you my child is that you choose wisely,
Choose what is dear and ever lasting,
For only you know what you heart desires.

With love,
The father you never had.
LETTER TO MY DAUGHTER LETTER TO MY DAUGHTER Reviewed by K Machacha on August 29, 2013 Rating: 5

No comments

Recent Posts

Travel everywhere!