Header Ads

That Night

THAT NIGHT

Why do you hate me so much
But yet embrace my lifestyle?
You all call me a killer,
But yet you ignore my existence;
You know exactly where I live
And where to find me;
Everybody knows that I move around
Like the wind,
And still you invite me into your homes
With wide open arms;
I am known by many names,
But to you I come as pleasure;

Do you remember that first night
we met?
It was so wet outside, you had your
Fireplace on which filled the entire room
With warmth and comfort;
I remember it so vividly because
I had no raincoat on that night:


As the storm grew bigger and bigger,
I just couldn’t take anymore,
I just had to come inside
And lay beside your heated furnace;
You didn’t seem to care
That night;

You woke up confused and bitter;
Infested by sickness and hating thyself
for letting a stranger spend the night
in your most cherished room,
And deserting you as quiet as the wind;

It will take you up to six weeks
to find me,
and that’s when you will realize that
I never left;
I was with you at all times,
You just forgot your vows to stay
With me till death do us part;

Now you see me for who I truly am;
Now you know my true nature;
Me and you have been blessed with child;
He shall be ours alone,
As long as you don’t share him
With anyone else but me;

Your family and friends might hate me,
But they don’t know what we shared
That night;
That night when I stood on your doorstep
And as you finally opened
I said “hi, my name is human immune deficiency virus,
But you can call me hiv”;
Do you remember that first night we met?;
It was so wet outside
And I wasn’t wearing a raincoat;
But with a smile you invited me to come in
And lay my head;
We are finally together now, forever,
Or till death do us part;
Isn’t that what you always wanted,
My love?
That Night That Night Reviewed by K Machacha on May 28, 2013 Rating: 5

No comments

Recent Posts

Travel everywhere!