Header Ads

My life, The metaphor


Like a father I respect you
And like a mentor I look up to you;
Yet I ask who’s the man?

With the game and popularity
Came the shame and insecurities
Of ending up like the rest;
Teenage fatherhood in a dusty village
Without a job was never my definition of success;
In a neighborhood where I need not
Try so hard to impress,

Through the trials and tribulations
I learnt never to take anything for granted,
For having fought such temptations
I was now free to indulge in life’s experiences,
Entertain my inquisitive mind
By cheating not on a girl nor death
But on my present with my past
And for that I had to make a Dedication to My Inspirations;


She made me fall in love and even though
I vowed to never love another besides my mother,
Yet every time I was away from her I felt Home Sick;
By seeing her I grew silly and while
I tried to maintain my composure
My chest grew restless and weary,
So I had to write a Letter to my heart;

Those thoughts of you which filled up my head,
Those thoughts of you I could never comprehend
Were nothing but an infatuation of
A 13 year old school boy,
I hope you appreciate my Confession;
My yearnings for fame and fortune
Have brought me shame and confusion
As I look back and ask myself… IF ONLY?

Like those who loved and lost
I intend to swallow my pride
And finish this race which I begun alone;
Like an episode from a soap opera
I write through my life with words and actions
That only I can ponder;
For only I posses the various fonts and phrases to my life;
The metaphor.
My life, The metaphor My life, The metaphor Reviewed by K Machacha on May 26, 2013 Rating: 5

No comments

Recent Posts

Travel everywhere!